Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Home At Last

Friday, April 6 we finally got clearance to move into our new house! So I began prepping the house so we could move into it the next day. (I was a little impatient) The only room that really needed to be painted was Gus's room. It had an ...interesting blue green striped design that just had to go. The next day was Easter Saturday, also move in day for us. So instead of giving gus his Easter basket that morning, we started loading things up.

11:30 rolled around, time to go look for eggs with the Bunkers! So we took a three hour break from moving. Even though it was a Bunker get together, the best place we could think of to hide the eggs, was my mom's house. The kids had a blast! They played on the zipline, and hunted for Easter eggs. Amy fixed us lunch and we ate that on the lawn. My dad came up with the idea to fill the kids up with sugar by getting out the cotton candy maker! I started making the cotton candy, and cobwebs of candy were flying all over me! In my nose and on my arms, but the kids LOVED it. If that wasn't enough sugar, Amy had brought a pinata. So all the little people took a swing at it. I can just imagine the belly aches my neices and nephews had that night.

Back to the house...Casey, Karl, and Cole came to help us load more stuff intot he horse trailer. Two trips later we had most of our stuff. Now I had the fun job of unpacking it all!

I think that there are two good omens for my house....we got the clear to move in on April 6, which is a day that is significant to the church. AND when we were returning to the house on saturday evening, I looked up and saw an owl sitting on our roof!

So now that I have most of our stuff moved in and it is looking like a home, I want to show it off!



I LOVE my cabinets :) The color is what I would have chosen myself. And there are SO MANY of them. So the built in microwave doesn't work :/ I had to pull out another.

Note that I DO have a dishwasher :D
-except it leaks once in a while. I think its an easy fix though

Dining room table

The office desk that I also love

We really need to find a different entertainment center....Stew is pretty proud of the one that he found, but the glass table has GOT TO GO


Out the back door is a fenced in back yard :D The doggies and Gus play out there all day! It's so nice to just turn them loose and know they won't be wandering to far. Gus and his dogs are best buds already. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! How exciting! Super cute house, Im jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Homeowner and all :) It's such a cute house-congrats girly.
    I LOVE the cabinets too! Pefect-o-mundo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously LOVE the house that you bought... SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete