Friday, November 4, 2011

You Can't Eat Horns!



Itsy Bitsy, Teeny Weeny, Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
................nope its a deer
a buck?
Hey it is a buck!
Shoot it!!!
...and so I did

I dropped it in fact, it fell like a ton of bricks!
CELEBRATE!!!


Wait, why did it just get up?
Shoot it again!
and again
again
...
...
...
...
12 shots later its finally dead!


Well the 12 shots consisted of alot of bad shots and some hit him, just not in a place to kill it. We chased it across a ravine where I finally got a better shot, (to the leg) then chased it again, found it in some brush still trying to run away so this is where I went Annie Oakley style and filled it with more lead. FINALY he gave up, it would have been alot easier if he would have just given up after my first "killer" shot because then we had to drag it even farther to the jeep. If I had a bigger caliber of gun I would have killed it on the first shot but the bullet hit the chest bone and it bounced off! I pretty much just knocked the deer out with the impact and he dropped. But unfortunatly he came to and ran off! WHAT THE HECK right?

So apparently I'm allergic to deer because while dragging the deer to the jeep I kept sneezing and got a runny nose, my arms and eyelids were itching. So I had Stew look at my eyelids and he said they were pretty swollen. I figured they would be. The swelling didnt go down till evening the next day! I wore sunglasses everywhere, even into the store and some old guy commented how the sun was pretty bright.... I agreed haha. I had to go to church with swollen eyelids :( luckily it was harder to notice with make up on.

showing off swollen eye lids


 Stew skinned my deer in the back of the jeep.




No comments:

Post a Comment