Thursday, July 7, 2011

Adventures of Our first year of marriage

Stewart and I began our journey on August 1, 2009 in the St. George Temple
That was the best day of my life!!!




Our first adventure as a married couple was a honeymoon to Hawaii. This is at Pearl Harbor.

Then we made our home in a fifth wheel camp trailer........for the next two years!!!!!!
(its a good thing I didn't know that at the time!)
We lived in New Harmony, Utah for a year and 2 months. This picture is in New Harmony when there was a big wild fire, fall of 2009. Luckily our home is on wheels to escape the fire if we had to!!! I loved living in New Harmony, we met lots of great people there. Stewart worked at the Diamond H Ranch , he was over the construction. He also hauled hay, hearded cattle, team roped in the HUGE barn, along with other misc things.




There was an apple orchard on the ranch and i loooved picking the apples, (except the apple bugs grossed me out when they fell out of the tree on your head!)
One time I made apple pie out of the apples I picked myself :)
This was the best apple I'd ever tasted! So of course I had to get a picture with it!




This is the BIG BAD WINTER in New Harmony, I thought it was pretty fun because I had never lived in snow before. When the snow fell off the roof of the barn it sounded like a freight train inside.

So it was November, week of Thanksgiving and work at the ranch was winding down and we knew we would be leaving in the next two weeks. So I'm in St. George one day, and I get a phone call from Stew. He tells me we are picking up and leaving that day!!! I only get a couple hours notice before we move to Logandale. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to my new friends, I find out later that one lady at church thought we had just gone inactive!
We still like to go visit New Harmony once in a while. I would like to live there again someday!

5 comments: