Monday, July 16, 2012

4th of July

Happy 4th of July

We had a fun 4th of July as a family. I was on assignment to write an article on the celebration here in Logandale so we got to attend all the festivities.

Which includes the candy drop, Gus had fun picking up all the rootbeer candies because they had bright orange wrappers. I won't even let him eat those cause he could choke on them.


I took Gus into the water fight, he didn't like it so much in there. But it cooled us off so it felt good later

 We were waiting for the program to start. It took FOREVER to start. We were supposed to go light fireworks with Stew's sister and her family, but I couldn't leave until the program was over. Stew ended up going and Gus and I stayed behind. I was sad we wouldn't be together to be with Gus during the fireworks.


 So we watched the fireworks at the fairgrounds. Gus liked them, he would point and stare at the colorful explosions. And then.....

Dad came! He made it back from the reservior with his sister just in time!
We got to watch most of the fireworks together as a family :)
Gus was glad to have his dad, and Stew was glad to be with us too.
I guess someone called the cops on them at the reservior. They were just finishing up though so they had their fun.

Afterwards we came home and lit off some of the fireworks Stew saved, we did some sparklers for Gus. They were crappy sparklers though, note to self- don't buy fireworks at the stand by wally's, they are pretty crappy

We had a lot of fun celebrating the country's independance. While we were home for a few hours that day I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. The recipe I found is sooooo good! Here is the link for the recipe...




No comments:

Post a Comment